After much debating of where to start decorating we decided to tackle the main floor bathroom first, as it is the smallest room in the house, which made it also seem the easiest. Smashing down the builder’s default tacky towel rod and toilet paper holder, we began the job of plastering and painting the room with a fresh coat of white paint.
For the chevron wall we used painter's tape lined up to carefully measured points to make our pattern, and painted the sections left uncovered by the tape in black.
We also picked up a new mirror, Ung Drill from Ikea, which I spray painted red while Alex hung a Umbra's Zen chrome towel ring and toilet paper holder.
We love how the new black and white chevron wall room adds huge impact when you first enter the house.
Chevron Bathroom: Project Total - $75.94
- Ung Drill Mirror from Ikea - $19.99
- Umbra Zen Towel Ring from HomeSense -$10.00
- Umbra Zen Toilet Paper Holder from HomeSense - $10.00
- Behr Premium Plus Ultra Interior Paint & Primer in white from Home Depot - $23.97
- Behr paint in black from Home Depot - $4.99
- Red spray paint - $6.99
- Painting Supplies - free as we already had some
Bathroom: Still to Do
- add art
- change the faucet
- Frost Bathroom Window